Father’s House of Prayer:
F.H.O.P. is a group of unified believers (Rock Laramie and many others) who will help inspire, teach, and mobilize strategic intercession among individuals and local churches unto the end of revival, restoration of the church and transformation of our city and nation(s). We believe that God wants the church to be in unity (one). God recognizes only one church under Christ’s headship in the city, but has allowed for different local congregations and ministries to creatively demonstrate and proclaim the gospel. We believe that in essentials there must be a combination of unity and purity (like the authority of God’s Word, the deity of Christ, salvation by grace through faith, etc), but in secondary issues of doctrine and practices there must be tolerance (like eschatology, church polity, etc).
The importance of unified believing prayer:
God’s primary way of governing the earth and extending His kingdom is through prayer. God has delegated authority to the church, so that the church can partner with Him in recovering His full dominion (kingly rule or kingdom) on the earth in every area of life. The church has an ability to discern God’s will as revealed in His Word and then to ask God to do His will on earth as it is being done in heaven. This activity of unified intercession comes from God, goes back to God, so that God is then free to influence earth. Though God is sovereign, He has bound himself to His body/church. Therefore, if we fail to believe God by asking (i.e. intercession or prayer), we will not experience increasingly greater manifestations of His kingdom on earth. Matthew 16:19, 18:18-20
What we do:
- We will combine praise and worship with intercession. Revelation 5:8-14; Acts 13:2-3
- We will pray from the Bible, especially utilizing biblical prayers.
- We will ask God to pour out His Holy Spirit and advance His kingdom in 8 spheres of influence:
- Individuals and especially leaders of families, churches, businesses, schools, social services, civil government.
- Businesses & Marketplace
- Arts & Entertainment
- Social Services
- Civil Government
- We will spend time listening to the Holy Spirit. If there seems to be guidance in the areas that involve correction or direction of individuals or churches, those “words” will be submitted to church leaders to be “judged and evaluated” before they are released. Words of exhortation or comfort will also be evaluated according to the Word, but do not require the highest levels of scrutiny. If there does seem to be legitimate “revelation” (Eph. 1:17-18), the leaders will seek help from the Word, the Holy Spirit, and one another to determine the “interpretation” and then the “application”. All impute from the Lord will be documented in our FHOP prayer journal for the sake of accountability and faith building.
Etiquette for a prayer gathering:
- All FHOP worship & prayer gatherings will be led by a facilitator who will help to insure that all things are done decently and in order, led by the Spirit of God and according to the truth in the Word of God.
- Prayer should come from God (Bible) and be directed to God on behalf of others. It should not be talking, exhorting, or preaching to people.
- Prayers should be biblical and brief, under a minute or two.
- Prayer should be done in unity with the others. The group should stay on the topic or category until completed before moving to the next area.
- All those in attendance should be encouraged to participate. Everyone is important.
- We will seek to start and end on time to respect the schedules of all attending.
- We will leave the facility in as good or better condition than when we found it.
- Prayers that refer to the release of the gifts, fruit, and wisdom of the Holy Spirit: Eph 1:17-19; Col 1:9-11, 4:12; James 1:5; Eph 3:16-19; 2 Thess. 2:17, 3:5; Heb 13:9; Phil. 1:9-11; 1 Thess. 3:12; 2 Thess. 3:5; 1 Thess. 3:10; 2 Cor. 13:9; Heb 13:20-21; 1 Cor. 1:8; Ro. 15:5-6; John 17:20-22, etc.
- Prayers for salvation of sinners: 2 Thess. 3:1-2; Acts 13:12,48, 19:20; Col. 4:3-4; Ro 10:1; Matt. 9:37-38, etc.
- Prayers for individuals and those in trans local ministries: 1 Thess. 5:25; Heb. 13:18; Eph. 6:18; Ro. 15:31; 2 Thess. 3:2; Phlem. 22; Acts 12:5,12; Col. 4:3; Matt. 6:31; Luke 22:31-32; 2 Cor. 13:7; Phil. 4:7, 19; Eph. 6:19; Col. 4:3, 12; 2 Tim. 1:16-18; James 5:14-15; 2 Tim. 4:14-15.
- For Israel: Ro. 10:1, 11:26-27; Jer. 31:7; Is. 62:1-2, 6-7; Ps. 79, 80, 83, 85, 86, 122:6-7.
- Those in secular & civil authority: 1 Tim. 2:1-3
- To avenge and deliver from persecution on the body: Ps. 7, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 94.
- To grant personal visitations of God to us as individuals and as a corporate body: Acts 1:8; 26:13-18; Gal. 1:12-17; Acts 2:1-4; Matt. 17:21; Ps 2:8-9, 110:1-3, Is 52:13-15.
Scripture versus regarding the importance of prayer:
- He was numbered with the transgressors. For He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12
- These I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.Isaiah 56:7
- Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. Psalm 2:8
- Therefore his is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25
- Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34
- “It is written,” he said to them, “’My house will be called a house of prayer,’…. Matthew 21:13
- To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market! His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” John 2:16-17
- This is how you should pray…Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10
- I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:18-20
- If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! Luke 11:13
- And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Luke 18:7
- And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:14